top of page
Copy of Curtis Morris A History Through Lines.jpg

In 1891, Julia F. Burnham proposed an idea to the Champaign Women's Club, a society dedicated to studying Social and Political Science and Law. Burnham suggested constructing a hospital to treat the community's sick and injured. With a committee and a generous $10,000 donation, the Julia F. Burnham Hospital opened on March 5th, 1895.

This new lobby exhibition features artifacts from the School of Nursing that opened alongside the hospital ensuring proper staffing and training to meet the needs of the community. Items shown are from two collections of nurses, Marjorie Letot McDaniels and Charlotte Golden, who were trained and began their careers there.

The exhibit will be on display until October of 2024. 

bottom of page